What's behind my name (so far)...
For starters, I've got experience. I don't care how many degrees someone has, if they have zero experience, personality, relatability or couth - those degrees aren't worth much.
I have over 17 years experience coaching in the health, fitness and nutrition industry. Working with small and large groups, programming, one on one personal training and personalized coaching for the average Joes/Josephines and high level athletes.
9+ years in business. At Fit Collective I oversee 11 staff, handle financials, all legal [business] matters, contracts, scheduling, marketing, event planning and coordinating, staff training, intake and onramp for new clients, increasing revenue initiatives and all marketing.
I did NOT go to school for business. I learned as I went. I invested in coaches and mentors and professionals to help me along the way, in a way that I enjoyed.
7 + years in marketing, design and social media. Starting out as an Exec. Assistant for a media company in 2014, I worked my way up through the company in a short time taking on higher roles in marketing and design. I enjoyed it so much I decided to keep rolling with it, taking courses and learning from some of the top professionals in the industry ever since.
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified (2012)
- lululemon Ambassador (2023-2024)
- CrossFit Level 2 Certified (2017 / 2022 recertification)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Athleticism Certification (2019)
- CrossFit Anatomy (2021)
- Anne Miller Marketing Course (101) (2020)
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw Course (2018)
- CrossFit Scaling Course (2018)
- CrossFit Judges Certification (2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019)
- NCCP Multisport Modules: Make Ethical Decisions, Practice Planning
- Nutrition, Teaching & Learning, Design a Basic Sport
- Forty Under 40 Business Award Recipient (2017)
- Police Foundations Diploma, Niagara College (2003)
- Functional Medicine/Nutrition for Personal Trainers Certified (2015)
- CrossFit Games - East Regional Individual (2016)
- CrossFit Games - East Regional Individual (2015)
- CrossFit Games - Canada East Regionals Individual (2013)
Forever learning, forever a student.
2023/2024 Professional Focus:
- Team building and Leadership